- 2018: We added Vrbo as a second integration alongside Airbnb, entered channel management territory with our Sync product, and started offering in-depth occupancy and financial metrics.
- 2019: We rebranded and launched an entirely new, modern web app experience.
- 2020: Apart from a few wildcard projects in response to the pandemic (RIP footshake, "churchill", and "napoleon"), we spent this challenging year improving and simplifying the customer experience across the board.
- Q1 2021: We've released two of the most requested features: our official Booking.com integration - adding a 3rd major platform alongside Airbnb and Vrbo - as well as the ability to manually add bookings on Hospitable’s calendar and inbox.
- Q2 2021: We're working on the ability to let customers build their own websites, with the ability to take bookings direct, seamlessly integrated into Hospitable.com. We're building in public, working closely with customers to refine this feature.
- Looking forward: We'll be improving our channel management and messaging product line, expanding the "people" (cleaning, check-in) product tremendously, and exploring a completely new product direction that's crazy ambitious.
- Late 2018: We took on a product designer, a front-end engineer, and begun work on Hospitable 2.0 - a completely new interface design, which also splits the old monolithic front/back end codebase into distinct projects
- Mid 2019: We launched Hospitable 2.0 ! 🎉 A full redesign and rearchitecting of the web app, with clear separation of the new Angular frontend, a (JSON over REST) API layer, and backend workers.
- 2020: Stabilized and iterated on v2.0, shipped several new major features (User Management, and a mobile PWA for example)
- Now: We're on Angular 11, we're pretty comfortable with containerization, micro-services, and k8s, but still prefer our "majestic" 😏 monolith.
- Looking forward: we'll be working with more and more external API partners, building a payments infrastructure, and laying the technical groundwork for the crazy ambitious products to come.